Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

August 12, 2010

While in Africa, my supervisor spoke to me about his work as both a missionary and businessman which spanned most of his adult life. He struggled to get projects up and running, perfected in all of the details of operation before launching into another much needed enterprise. So much was needed among the people he was co-laboring with in this corner of the world. There was farming, planting, building and producing hand-made pieces to be sold in the free market - just to name a few. He was also involved with various ministry activities in several neighboring countries. He came to the conclusion that they would work simultaneously on all the projects - each in different stages of development, and not require that any of it had to be at a certain level of completion before they gave themselves permission to begin work on something else. He said it was very messy and chaotic most of the time. He learned to thrive in the chaos and not lose his momentum to dream, do, believe and conquor. So I will do the same. While my blog is under construction, I will continue writing as my design ideas bubble up to the surface of my thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you relate your writing to the stages of development lived by your supervisor in Africa. It is a very good analogy and one that should serve to keep you focused and motivated even through difficult times. Thanks Andria for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love analogies. I love you too. Our little group is so energizing. Thanks for including me.

    ReplyDelete